Support us | Click here ←
My daughter had fallen during the day and in the evening she showed me the scrape and, of course, the super cool plaster on it. I told her about blood and how good and important it is; it simply removes dirt and restores your skin.
Thinking about this, it so occurred to me that without blood we cannot live (distribution of oxygen) and cannot recover. So both life, stopping invaders and recovery depend on blood....
When a little later in the car the song 'Nothing but the blood of Jesus' came along, it touched my heart. Without the blood of Jesus, there is no restoration, no new life. Intruders stand in the way of nothing to spoil life (literally).
Perhaps for many an open door, for me a renewed insight.
Do we want to be a light in an unjust and harsh world? Fight injustice? Then we will first have to fight injustice in our own lives. How? Through the blood of Jesus. We can at most clean and dry the wounds a little. And keep it that way by a band-aid, bandages if it is more serious. However, the actual recovery can only be through the blood. It is therefore vital to undergo the suggested blood transfusion. The blood has already been provided by Someone (Luke 22:17).
For me, this is also an image of God's grace. What can we add to this? And then, yes, after being connected to this cleansing and life-giving blood, we may spread light. Bring restoration to a broken world.
What does the blood of Jesus do?Here I found a little summary of what the blood of Jesus like does:
- It forgives sins (Matt. 26:28).
- It gives life to those who drink it (Jn. 6:53).
- It ensures that we remain in Jesus and He in us (Jn. 6:56).
- Jesus purchased and acquired the church with His blood (Acts 20:28).
- It is the means of reconciliation for those who believe (Rom. 3:25).
- It justifies us and saves us from judgment (Rom. 5:9).
- It sets us free (Eph. 1:7; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; Rev. 5:9).
- It brings those who were far from God close to Him again (Eph. 2:13).
- It brings the forgiveness of sin (Col. 1:14).
- It brings peace and reconciliation with God (Col. 1:20).
- With His blood, Jesus obtained eternal redemption for us (Heb. 9:12).
- It cleanses our conscience from deeds that lead to death so that we can serve the living God (Heb. 9:14).
- Through the blood we can confidently enter the heavenly sanctuary (Heb. 10:19).
- It speaks more powerfully than the blood of Abel (Heb. 12:24).
- It sanctifies us (Heb. 13:12).
- It equips us to do all that is good (Heb. 13:20-21).
- It cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
- It bears witness on this earth along with the Spirit and the water (1 John 5:8).
- By the blood we are washed (Rev. 1:5; 7:14).
- By the blood we will overcome the accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:11).
That we may recover, keep out all intruders and realize that we are included in the new life. May we remember and remind each other of this often during the (Holy) Supper.